Dawn Meats Group operates meat processing facilities producing fresh and frozen meat products. The Company is aware of the effect of its operations on the environment and recognises that environmental management and sustainability practices are an integral part of our business culture.
We are committed to conducting our activities with due care and regard for the environment and to continual improvement to achieve a high standard of sustainable environmental performance.
To minimise environmental impacts concerning our activities, products and services, we shall:
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the Company subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects.
• To include the consideration of environmental issues in all business strategies and initiatives.
• Dawn Meats Group senior management are committed to ensure that protection of the environment is firmly embedded in both the company’s and all employees’ culture and will endeavour to influence its suppliers and customers in a similar strategic environmental manner.
• Prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimise the consumption of resources.
• Consider the wider global impact of all our activities including those of our suppliers, customers and other stakeholders.
• Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner and ensure that a continuous professional development strategy remains core to our business goals.
• Encourage environmental protection among suppliers and subcontractors.
• To investigate the feasibility of influencing its suppliers, customers and third parties with consideration to life cycle impacts of their aspects and activities.
• Encourage and enhance biodiversity and ecology.
The Company is committed to continual improvement of environmental performance This policy will be communicated to all staff, contractor and suppliers, and be available to the public through selected media.